Here’s when you rush to the doctor: if you have severe tenderness, signs of an infection, or a lump, a mass, or discharge. Then, there’s a chance it might be cancer, or it may be a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa, which is not life-threatening but is unpleasant and may cause scarring. “It’s like having a big pimple that opens up in the breast or groin area,” Dr. McDonald-Mosley explains. It’s generally cured with antibiotics, so if you’ve got one of these boob pimples, get it taken care of.
Should I Be Worried About This Breast Pain?
- , Topics, 0
La enfermedad es más frecuente en las mujeres y se conoce como acné inversa. El Dr Por ejemplo, ingle,...
- , Important People, Topics, Verneuil’s disease, 0
BY THE CALGARY HERALD OCTOBER 31, 2007 Karl Marx suffered from a skin disease that can cause severe psychological...
- , Research, Topics, Video, 0
Tiffanie’s patient interview and webinar discusses her HS story, journey, and frustrations along the way.Hidradenitis Suppurativa “#iwillnotHIDE” Patient Personal...
“I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) Patient Stories Book Series
The “I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis Suppurativa book series is now available. These patient stories are told in a vivid and personal narrative by HS patients themselves.
HSAWARENESS EMAIL UPDATES
Join our mailing list to learn more about the measurable results being made for the patients of rare and orphan disease communities.
The Latest PUBMED Medical ResearchView All HS Research
- Acne inversa/hidradenitis suppurativa: An update November 20, 2017
- Correction to: Pain, Psychological Comorbidities, Disability, and Impaired Quality of Life in Hidradenitis Suppurativa November 18, 2017
- Response to “IL-36 in hidradenitis suppurativa: Evidence for a distinctive pro-inflammatory role and a key factor in the development of an inflammatory loop” November 18, 2017
- Hidradenitis suppurativa-like lesions associated with pharmacologic inhibition of gamma-secretase November 11, 2017
- Longitudinal observational study of hidradenitis suppurativa: impact of surgical intervention with adjunctive biologic therapy November 11, 2017