Acne in adolescents of developed countries is an epidemic skin disease and has currently been linked to the Western diet (WD). It is the intention of this viewpoint to discuss the possible impact of WD-mediated nutrient signalling in the pathogenesis of acne. High glycaemic load and dairy protein consumption both increase insulin/insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) signalling (IIS) that is superimposed on elevated IGF-1 signalling of puberty. The cell’s nutritional status is primarily sensed by the forkheaDiet
Potential role of FoxO1 and mTORC1 in the pathogenesis of Western diet-induced acne
, Research, Topics, Treatment, 0
Researchers focusing on the common debilitating skin disease Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), which causes deep, painful lesions and leads to...
The thoracodorsal artery perforator flap: clinical experience and anatomic study with emphasis on harvest techniques, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Guerra AB, Metzinger SE, Lund KM, Cooper MM, Allen RJ, Dupin CL The thoracodorsal artery perforator flap is...
Squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva arising in the setting of chronic hidradenitis suppurativa: A case report, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Rekawek P, Mehta S, Andikyan V, Harmaty M, Zakashansky K •Highlights the sheer mass of tumor encountered with...
, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Witmanowski H, Szychta P, Stępniewski S, Mackiewicz-Wysocka M, Czyżewska-Majchrzak L, Wasilewska A Acne inversa (AI, hidradenitis suppurativa, Velpeau’s...
“I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) Patient Stories Book Series
The “I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis Suppurativa book series is now available. These patient stories are told in a vivid and personal narrative by HS patients themselves.
The Latest PUBMED Medical ResearchView All HS Research
- A 2017 Canadian National Report on the HS Patient Experience: Scarred for Life June 1, 2018
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Metabolic Syndrome, and Demodex spp. infestation May 21, 2018
- Thyroid function in hidradenitis suppurativa: a population-based cross-sectional study from Denmark May 21, 2018
- Ertapenem – a potent treatment for clinical and quality of life improvement in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa May 17, 2018
- Prevalence and comorbidities associated with hidradenitis suppurativa: A nationwide population-based study May 15, 2018