Acne in adolescents of developed countries is an epidemic skin disease and has currently been linked to the Western diet (WD). It is the intention of this viewpoint to discuss the possible impact of WD-mediated nutrient signalling in the pathogenesis of acne. High glycaemic load and dairy protein consumption both increase insulin/insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) signalling (IIS) that is superimposed on elevated IGF-1 signalling of puberty. The cell’s nutritional status is primarily sensed by the forkheaDiet
Potential role of FoxO1 and mTORC1 in the pathogenesis of Western diet-induced acne
Improvement of overlapping hidradenitis suppurativa and ankylosing spondylitis after the introduction of adalimumab, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Bosnić D, Žarković B, Barešić M, Zarkovic M, Anić B Hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic inflammatory disorder characterized...
- , PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): De Vita V, Matusiak Ł, Szepietowski JC Dermatology Journal and/or Publisher Journal Name: American journal of clinical dermatology...
Adopting the orphan: The importance of recognising hidradenitis suppurativa as a systemic auto-inflammatory disease, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Vekic DA, Frew JW, Woods J, Cains GD Dermatology Journal and/or Publisher Journal Name: The Australasian journal of...
- , Research, 0
Skin movement, Wound Repair and Development of Engineered Skin
“I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) Patient Stories Book Series
The “I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis Suppurativa book series is now available. These patient stories are told in a vivid and personal narrative by HS patients themselves.
HSAWARENESS EMAIL UPDATES
Join our mailing list to learn more about the measurable results being made for the patients of rare and orphan disease communities.
The Latest PUBMED Medical ResearchView All HS Research
- Acne inversa/hidradenitis suppurativa: An update November 20, 2017
- Correction to: Pain, Psychological Comorbidities, Disability, and Impaired Quality of Life in Hidradenitis Suppurativa November 18, 2017
- Response to “IL-36 in hidradenitis suppurativa: Evidence for a distinctive pro-inflammatory role and a key factor in the development of an inflammatory loop” November 18, 2017
- Hidradenitis suppurativa-like lesions associated with pharmacologic inhibition of gamma-secretase November 11, 2017
- Longitudinal observational study of hidradenitis suppurativa: impact of surgical intervention with adjunctive biologic therapy November 11, 2017