Keratitis ichthyosis deafness (KID) syndrome is a rare, genetic, multi-system disorder. It is characterized by defects of the surface of the corneas (keratitis), red, rough thickened plaques of skin (erythrokeratoderma) and sensorineural deafness or severe hearing impairment. The skin on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet and the nails may be affected. KID syndrome belongs to a group of skin disorders marked by dry, scaly skin known as the ichthyoses. KID syndrome is inherited as an autosomal dominant trait.Comorbidity
Keratitis Ichthyosis Deafness Syndrome via NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)
A modified pathway of perineal packing in patients requiring surgery for perineal fistulas with extensive perineal involvement, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Pellino G, Sciaudone G, Canonico S, Selvaggi F AIM: To describe a method to manage complex perianal fistulas...
Two diseases one remedy? Systemic amyloidosis secondary to hidradenitis suppurativa: Treatment with infliximab, PUBMED Research, Research, 0
Author(s): Özer İ, Karaçin C, Adışen E, Güz G, Ali Gürer M Hidradenitis suppurativa, known as acne inversa, is...
- , Research, 0
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group A community of patients, family members and friends dedicated to dealing with Hidradenitis Suppurativa, together. Source:...
“I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) Patient Stories Book Series
The “I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis Suppurativa book series is now available. These patient stories are told in a vivid and personal narrative by HS patients themselves.
HSAWARENESS EMAIL UPDATES
Join our mailing list to learn more about the measurable results being made for the patients of rare and orphan disease communities.
The Latest PUBMED Medical ResearchView All HS Research
- Acne inversa/hidradenitis suppurativa: An update November 20, 2017
- Correction to: Pain, Psychological Comorbidities, Disability, and Impaired Quality of Life in Hidradenitis Suppurativa November 18, 2017
- Response to “IL-36 in hidradenitis suppurativa: Evidence for a distinctive pro-inflammatory role and a key factor in the development of an inflammatory loop” November 18, 2017
- Hidradenitis suppurativa-like lesions associated with pharmacologic inhibition of gamma-secretase November 11, 2017
- Longitudinal observational study of hidradenitis suppurativa: impact of surgical intervention with adjunctive biologic therapy November 11, 2017