Facebook groups (vs. Facebook community pages) allow more privacy for discussing more sensitive symptoms (like bowel issues or sexual intimacy issues) or conditions (i.e. hidradenitis suppurativa) that can be stigmatized by mainstream communities.Support Group
How Chronic Disease Communities Use Social Media
- , Organizations, Topics, Acne Inversa, 0
Kampanja „Jači od HS-a“ čiji je cilj podizanje svijesti o bolesti Hidradenitis suppurativa provedena je u centru Osijeka u...
- , Important People, Topics, HS In The News, 0
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Santa Barbara has a new singing sensation. Jackson Cocciolone was crowned 2016 Teen Star Champion...
- , Research, Topics, Treatment, 0
Researchers focusing on the common debilitating skin disease Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), which causes deep, painful lesions and leads to...
- , Interviews, Topics, Patient Stories, 0
Nicole Cruickshank’s Hidradentis suppurativa (HS) patient story is turning heads around the world, across social media networks for patient awareness,...
Leeds mum: “I won’t hide my scars, what message would that give my daughter?” – Yorkshire Evening Post, Interviews, Topics, Patient Stories, 0
Stacey Clarkin’s body is covered in scars from a chronic condition, yet she refuses to let them define her....
“I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) Patient Stories Book Series
The “I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis Suppurativa book series is now available. These patient story volumes tell the stories of Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients in vivid and personal narrative. Told by HS patients themselves.
HSAWARENESS EMAIL UPDATES
Join our mailing list to learn more about the measurable results being made for the patients of rare and orphan disease communities.
The Latest PUBMED Medical ResearchView All HS Research
- Acne inversa/hidradenitis suppurativa: An update November 20, 2017
- Correction to: Pain, Psychological Comorbidities, Disability, and Impaired Quality of Life in Hidradenitis Suppurativa November 18, 2017
- Response to “IL-36 in hidradenitis suppurativa: Evidence for a distinctive pro-inflammatory role and a key factor in the development of an inflammatory loop” November 18, 2017
- Hidradenitis suppurativa-like lesions associated with pharmacologic inhibition of gamma-secretase November 11, 2017
- Longitudinal observational study of hidradenitis suppurativa: impact of surgical intervention with adjunctive biologic therapy November 11, 2017