Facebook groups (vs. Facebook community pages) allow more privacy for discussing more sensitive symptoms (like bowel issues or sexual intimacy issues) or conditions (i.e. hidradenitis suppurativa) that can be stigmatized by mainstream communities.Support Group
How Chronic Disease Communities Use Social Media
- , Important People, Topics, HS In The News, 0
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Santa Barbara has a new singing sensation. Jackson Cocciolone was crowned 2016 Teen Star Champion...
- , Research, Topics, HUMIRA, 0
US regulators have issued a green light for the first biosimilar of AbbVie’s biologic Humira, the world second best-selling...
- , Interviews, Topics, Patient Stories, 0
Nicole Cruickshank’s Hidradentis suppurativa (HS) patient story is turning heads around the world, across social media networks for patient awareness,...
- , Interviews, Topics, Video, 0
Paula Pimentel, Co-Host of the Proof Negative Radio Show, interviews HSAWARENESS.ORG founders Ron Bercume and Fawn Griswold."I have interviewed...
“I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) Patient Stories Book Series
The “I WILL NOT HIDE” Hidradenitis Suppurativa book series is now available. These patient stories are told in a vivid and personal narrative by HS patients themselves.
HSAWARENESS EMAIL UPDATES
Join our mailing list to learn more about the measurable results being made for the patients of rare and orphan disease communities.
The Latest PUBMED Medical ResearchView All HS Research
- Hidradenitis suppurativa as an autoinflammatory keratinization disease March 5, 2018
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa: Disease Burden and Etiology in Skin of Color March 1, 2018
- Surgical treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa: an analysis of postoperative outcome, cosmetic results and quality of life in 255 patients February 27, 2018
- Title: Opioid, Alcohol, and Cannabis Misuse Among Patients with Hidradenitis Suppurativa: a population-based analysis in the United States February 27, 2018
- Association of Hidradenitis Suppurativa With Body Image February 21, 2018